Greetings once again and welcome to this Nizoral Shampoo Hair Loss Review which you should definitely take a quick look through if you intend to buy it in the coming days or weeks. This shampoo from Nizoral is primarily an Anti-dandruff shampoo but it is also claimed to help with reducing hair loss and stimulating new hair growth once again along with reducing the level of hair thinning and hair miniaturization.
This review is geared towards Nizoral effectiveness for hair loss and hair restoration (rather than treating dandruff) so if you wish to learn more about its capabilities in helping restore your hair to its former glory, then continue to read on and learn more below.
This review will be kept short and straight to the point and we will cover different aspects of this shampoo such as the ingredients used, directions when using, the main characteristics and also a series of frequently asked questions that should benefit you and answer several queries that you may have. We will also outline all the main features that you need to be aware plus all the main pros and cons that I came across in an unbiased way and hopefully by the end of this review you will have a clearer picture if indeed this Nizoral shampoo can help you out with your hair loss or if you should start looking elsewhere.
Please note before you start that guide prices can only be shown at the time of this Nizoral Shampoo review as prices can change slightly from week to week depending on local promotional activities, so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you get the most accurate up to date price information.
Nizoral Shampoo Review Content
- Part 1: Brief Overview, Directions, FAQ’s and Ingredient outline
- Part 2: Nizoral Shampoo Review – Main Features
- Part 3: Nizoral Shampoo Review – Pros and Cons for Hair Restoration
- Part 4: Conclusion & Feedback Submission
View also while you are here:
- My USA Recommended list for resolving Hair loss problems – Read More Here
- My UK Recommended list for resolving Hair loss problems – Read More Here
Part 1: Brief Overview, Directions, FAQ’s & Ingredient Outline
|Product:||Nizoral Anti Dandruff Shampoo|
|Treatment:||No FDA Approvals / Clearances known|
|Guarantee:||Limited warranty of 30 days is seller dependant|
|Cheap Place to Buy:||Amazon both in the UK and the US|
|UK Price Guide:||£4 to £7 for a 60ml bottle (@ the time of this review) – View today’s price here|
|UK Support:||Customer Care at 01344 864042|
|USA Price Guide:||$12 to $18 for a 200ml bottle (@ the time of this review) – View today’s price here|
|US Support:||Customer Care at 1-800-962-5357|
- From a personal experience, use a mild shampoo immediately before you apply it which helps create a superior level of lather when applying the Nizoral
- Apply a small quantity to the palm of your hand and then to your wet hair and create a lather.
- Allow the lather to soak in for a minimum of 3 to 5 minutes
- Do not rinse straight away as it needs to be allowed to soak through
- After 3 to 5 minutes soaking – rinse out with water as normal and allow to dry
- Use this shampoo a minimum of 3 times per week for best results or every second day (does not need to be used every day)
- Keep out of reach and sight of children and store in a cool place under 25 degrees Celsius
Ingredient outline for the UK Version 60ml bottle:
- Ketoconazole20 mg/g
- Laurdimonium hydrolysed animal collagen
- Sodium lauryl ether sulphate
- Disodium monolaurly ether sulphosuccinate
- Coconut fatty acid diethanolamide
- Imidurea and hydrochloric acid
- Erythrosine E127 and purified Water
- Macrogol 120 methyl glucose dioleate
- Sodium Chloride and Sodium Hydroxide
Ingredient outline for the US Version 200ml bottle:
- Ketoconazole 1%
- Quaternium-15, sodium chloride
- Sodium cocoyl sarcosinate
- Sodium hydroxide and/or hydrochloric acid
- Sodium laureth sulfate, tetrasodium EDTA, water
- Acrylic acid polymer (carbomer 1342)
- Butylated hydroxytoluene
- Cocamide MEA, FD&C Blue #1, fragrance,
- Glycol distearate, polyquaternium-7
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How long does a 60ml bottle last?
A. This 60ml bottle can last 2 to 3 months for treating dandruff but for treating hair loss, personally I go through 1 bottle per month.
Q. Can it be used with other hair loss treatment products?
A. Yes of course it can be used with other hair loss treatment products – view my UK recommended list here or view my US recommended list here
Q. Where is this shampoo made?
A. This Nizoral shampoo is made in Belgium.
Q. Does it contain 2% ketoconazole?
A. Yes, it includes 2% ketoconazole in the UK and 1% ketoconazole in the USA
Q. Do you rinse it straight away?
A. No, you need to allow it to soak for 3 to 5 minutes each time you use it.
Q. Can children use this also?
A. The minimum age for children to use it is 12 years old
Q. How many times per week do you need to use it?
A. As part of the hair loss treatment, you should be using it on average every 2nd day or a minimum 3 times per week
Part 2: Nizoral Shampoo Review – Main Features
Further Images for the Nizoral Shampoo are outlined below (3)
Summary of Main Features (5)
- Nizoral is primarily an anti-dandruff shampoo which is fragrance free and dermatologically tested to restore your scalp back to its normal healthy state and treating dandruff by killing the fungus that causes it
- It includes the key ingredient called ketoconazole which binds to the natural protein of your hair so it keeps working between shampoos with Nizoral A-D and in effect, it kills the fungus that causes unwanted dandruff and puts the kibosh on P ovale.
- It is used for dry, flaky, itchy scalps but is also used as part of hair loss restoration programmes for people suffering with male or female pattern baldness.
- It works on your scalp surface and prevents dandruff and seborrhoeic dermatitis, it is dermatologically tested and fragrance free and cleanses your scalp surface to allow the hair follicle underneath to thrive and prosper without any blockages or residues.
- It is produced in Belgium and there are partners set up for distribution in the US and the UK with customer support offices
Part 3: Nizoral Shampoo Review – Pros and Cons for Hair Restoration
- From a pricing point of view, this is definitely one of the best around and it makes it more affordable for more people across the market
- This shampoo has been recommended by my own medical doctor and I have been using it for over 5 years now with no issues whatsoever
- You do not need a prescription to get your hands on it and most chemists will have it readily available in stock and it can also be ordered online quite easily hassle free.
- It works brilliantly with other hair loss restoration products - view my full list of products for the US here or for the UK here
- A 60ml bottle can last for up to 3 months for treating dandruff – generally I get one month’s use out of a 60ml bottle as I use it minimum 3 times per week when using it to restore my own hair
- The size of the bottle in the UK is quite small at only 60ml so you are better off ordering a few bottles at the same time to prevent running low on supplies.
- Free Online deliveries in the UK require a £20 minimum spend so you need to buy 4 to 5 bottles to get your free delivery which is not all that bad to be fair.
- It had no negative effects on my scalp yet others have reported some side effects such as dry scalps, itchiness and flakiness
- On certain individuals in isolated cases, it can leave you hair rather dry and strip away various types of natural oils. In other isolated cases, rashes were reported so it won’t suit everyone’s skin type
- It won’t work alone and needs to be used in conjunction with other hair loss treatment products
Part 4: Conclusion & Feedback Submission
Do I recommend Nizoral Shampoo for treating hair loss? Yes, without a shadow of a doubt but please note that Nizoral alone cannot treat hair loss. IT MUST BE USED AS PART OF A HAIR LOSS RESTORATION PROGRAMME! – so please visit my recommended product US list here or my recommended UK list here to finally put an end to your hair loss problems once and for all...
Have you used the Nizoral Shampoo yourself in the recent past for treating hair loss or dandruff? Did it work for you or was it a complete waste of time and money? Or did you try my recommended product list?
If so, please share your experiences and feedback good or bad in the comment section provided below – So that others across the wider community can learn also!!!