If you are based in the US and are thinking about buying Rogaine in the coming days or weeks to resolve your hair loss problems, then please make sure to check out this brief Rogaine for Men review which will outline everything you need to be aware of when it comes to buying it, using it, storing it and your performance expectation levels.
This review will also outline the key ingredients that you should know about, plus a series of frequently asked questions that has come up in the recent past that hopefully should answer most of the queries that you may have when it comes to its ability to re-grow hair and stopping further hair loss in the years ahead. In addition, we will outline all the main features that it has to offer you, all the main pros and cons that we came across and also the some of the circumstances where you should not be using Rogaine.
Please note also that guide prices can only be shown at the time of this Rogaine review as prices can change slightly from week to week depending on local discount or promotional activities so please make sure to view the price checkers outlined below to ensure you get the most accurate up to date price information.
Rogaine for Men Review Content
- Part 1: Overview and Ingredients
- Part 2: Directions & FAQ’s
- Part 3: When not to use Rogaine
- Part 4: Rogaine for Men Review: Main Features
- Part 5: Rogaine for Men Review: Main Pros and Cons / Limitations
- Part 6: Conclusion & Feedback Opportunity
Part 1: Overview & Ingredients
|Rogaine||Rogaine for Men Foam|
|Approvals:||Clinical Trials Conducted – FDA approved|
|Guarantee:||120 days limited warranty available (seller dependant)|
|Cheap Place to Buy:||Amazon - View Stock Availability Here|
|Price Guide:||$35 to $55 (3 pack) - Check Todays Price Here|
|Support:||Support is available @ toll free 800-ROGAINE or 215-273-8755 collect|
Main Ingredients of Rogaine foam for Men are outlined below:
- 5% Minoxidil w/w
- Inactive ingredients - Butane, Butylated hydroxytoluene
- Propane, Purified water
- SD alcohol 40-B, Stearyl alcohol
- Cetyl alcohol, Citric acid,
- Glycerin, Isobutane, Lactic acid, Polysorbate 60
Part 2: Directional Guidelines & FAQ’s
Directions for Using Rogaine (10)
- Do not shake the canister before using it
- Your scalp needs to be dry and clean prior to the application of the foam
- Press the nozzle and apply 1g (half capful) foam into the palm of your hand
- Massage the foam into the affected hair areas of you scalp and hair
- Once complete, wash your hands thoroughly after use with clean water
- Allow the foam to dry naturally (10 minutes on average)
- Applications must be completed out minimum daily and ideally twice per day at 12 hour intervals if possible
- Do not apply any more than twice per day as it will not give you improved results and may have adverse side effects.
- Do not apply it to any other parts of the body
- Finally, keep out of reach and sight of children and store in a cool place @ 20° to 25° C or 68° to 77° F
Frequently Asked Questions about Rogaine for Men:
Q. Can this treat hair loss on a receding hairline or temple regions?
A. No, this is for your vertex regions only
Q. Can it regrow hair on the front if my scalp where it has gone bald?
A. Again no, this will not regrow hair in those regions, again only in the vertex regions
Q. Can you use other hair loss treatment products with Rogaine?
A. Yes, you can use other products in conjunction with Rogaine to treat your hair loss – view my recommended list here if you are serious about stopping hair loss once and for all.
Q. How long does the 3 pack last you?
A. It should last you for 3 months if you are using 1g at a time twice daily
Q. Can it be used by women?
A. No, this Rogaine for men can only be used by men
Q. What clinical studies have been carried out?
A. Clinical studies have been carried out on men aged between 18 and 49 years old
Part 3: When not to use Rogaine
Do not use Rogaine if you…
- Are a woman
- Are under 18 years old
- Have experienced sudden hair loss
- Suffer from blood pressure or heart disease or circulation disorders
- Don’t know why your hair is falling out – please visit your doctor
- Already have a red or inflamed scalp or infected region on your scalp
- Suddenly have patchy hair loss – again please visit your local doctor
- Your hair loss is different to the second slider image provided below that appears also on the side of the carton
Part 4: Rogaine for Men Review: Main Features
Men's Rogaine 5% Minoxidil Foam for Hair Loss and new Hair Growth 60g x 3
Main Features Summarized:
Minoxidil content of 5%
3 pack / 3 months’ supply
Each canister is 60g (180g total)
Treats thinning hair
Vertex regions only
Application twice daily
2.11 Ounce Pack of 3
Dimensions: 6 by 5 by 4 inches
Main Features in More Detail:
- This Rogaine pack comes in a 3 pack that will last for approx. 3 months long and it is a foam application for the topical treatment of thinning hair
- Please make sure you are aware that this is for vertex regions only on your scalp and it is not for regrowing hair on frontal bald areas or a receding hairline either for that matter.
- For best results it needs to be used twice per day at 12 hour intervals (minimum once per day before you go to bed)
- It contains the active ingredient Minoxidil 5% for restoring your hair in the vertex regions of your scalp, it is for external use only and please note that it is pressurized and highly flammable so it needs to kept clear of naked flames.
- They key ingredient Minoxidil will help to treat hair loss and help with the regrowth of new hair making it look fuller and denser by boosting the hair follicle activity and stimulating protein production.
- The individual canisters are small at just 60ml and it makes it easier to fit into your daily routine and results can be seen in as little as 12 weeks. Others may have wait 4 months depending on your level of hair loss stage and it can be used in conjunction with other hair loss products.
- It provides a Tricho-prime Technology that penetrates into the scalp to reactivate shrunken hair follicles and stimulate new growth from hair that is thinning. It also has the Alpha hydroxy acid (AHA) which has the ability to promote natural skin exfoliation and in turn to help keep your follicles open to allow them to grow out
- The price region when last seen on sale with Amazon at the time of this review was in the $35 to $55 guide which can be double checked below
Further images of the Rogaine Foam for Men 3 months supply are outlined below (5)
Part 5: Rogaine for Men Review: Main Pros and Cons Limitations
Pros / Advantages:
- Deliveries are done discreetly and are completed very quickly which is great if stocks suddenly are running low and you need to restock asap.
- When needed, it comes in a 3 pack at a lower price than the single on a per unit basis so you save money in the longer run
- It operates specifically on the vertex regions of your scalp in specific areas where men usually start to see hair loss problems
- This product though successful for many men will not work for everyone and they openly admit this so at least they are open and honest on what men should expect when they use it
- It also includes botanical extracts and emollient to help maintain a healthy scalp and it also helps to create a healthy hair regrowth environment for the best results possible
- In addition, it boasts the Tricho-prime Technology for the reactivation of thinning hair follicles and it claims that it can regrow up to 25% more hair when compared to any other topical solution on the market
Cons / Limitations:
- If you are buying this for a receding frontal hairline or if it you are bald at the front, then this will be a complete waste of time. It is only for vertex regions in the 2nd slider picture outlined above.
- Many people see limited results in terms of hair regrowth. In our opinion a Rogaine foam alone will not sort out all your hair loss problems and you need to be using it as part of a hair restoration programme – view my recommended list here.
- The guide is for application twice daily but getting it applied twice per day is easier said than done - are you going to carry it around with you every day? Most likely not…
- In our opinion, it works really only when you are the early stages of hair thinning. If you have lost tons of hair already, then you are better off looking at other solutions or check out my recommended product list here which includes a DHT blocker where Rogaine on its own does not.
- You need to be prepared to spend money each and every month for as long as you want to keep your hair and the prices can rise each year which will mean increased costs for you to cover on an ongoing basis.
Part 6: Conclusion & Feedback Opportunity
Do I recommend Rogaine? Yes, certainly I do but only as part of a complete hair restoration programme as foam alone will not cure you of your hereditary hair loss problems. On its own it appears to be better at stopping further hair rather than new hair growth.
It certainly won’t give you back a full head of hair as once the follicles start to die off, there is no turning back. If you want a full head of hair again, a transplant is will be needed but if you wish to keep what you have, avoid the transplant costs, stop further hair loss and stimulate existing hair to grow fuller and thicker, then please make sure to check out my prescribed list here which includes a DHT blocker from my own doctor which has worked wonders for me and there is no reason why it can’t work for you either.
Have you used the Rogaine for Men yourself in the recent past for treating hair loss or thinning hair in your Vertex regions? Did it work for you or was it a complete waste of time and money?
If so, please share your experiences and feedback good or bad in the comment section provided below – So that other men across the wider community can learn also!!!
I’ve long known about Rogaine but this is the first review I’ve read on the topic. It seems to be that those who a) are just noticing hair loss and have had it confirmed to be simply hair loss, and b) those who don’t have a family history of male-patterned baldness are ones who will benefit best. You’ve made it clear that Rogaine is not a miracle worker, but at the same time, will work well for the population who should be using it when used in conjunction with a selection of other products, good review and well laid out and easy to follow so many thanks for this review
Hi there, I haven’t used Rogaine myself in the last few years but I think this would be of interest to my friend who is losing his hair and feels very self-conscious about it! You’ve provided a really great article and list of information here that I think will help him decide if it’s right for him or not so thanks for that 🙂 Are there any other treatments you haven’t mentioned here that could also be useful? We are in the UK so would need to use the Regaine brand instead, Alex
I’ve heard some great things about Rogaine for men but I never had enough information before I read your review to see if it was something that would work for me. I have used numerous foams, lotions and potions in the past to try and keep the hair I have already from leaving my scalp, lol, I know you say it doesn’t cure hair loss and make it grow back but will Rogaine strengthen the hair I have already?
Yes it will but in conjunction with other hair loss products to stop hair thinning getting worse and make it thicker and stronger once again.
Thank you Jack, you have answered a lot of questions that I had about my husbands hair loss. I now know that he needs to do more than just the shampoo. That is actually why he asked me to research it more for him, he thought that the shampoo wasn’t working and didn’t want to throw it out($$$). Thanks again for your help and I really do like the other recommendations pointed out here, hopefully they can help him grow his hair back once again – Rogaine seems to be the way forward in tandem with other hair loss products
I could remember my big bro used a product some years ago to tackle his hair loss in the vertex region, the result was really awful. It’s my turn now, and I’ve being pondering on how to go about this. The 120 days warranty of this product gives me the confidence needed to place an order. Thanks for giving an honest review about the product.
Hey Jack, thanks for sharing Rogaine review as its about the fifth one I have read. I have been using Rogaine with other products such as DHT blockers for the last 12 months and it certainly has reduced my level of thinning hair and hair shedding so I certainly would recommend it based on my experiences anyway
Great review, very informative! The hair loss gene runs in my family and my hair line is diminishing. After consulting a doctor and using Rogaine products i’ve noticed great improvements. It hasn’t been too long so I’m still waiting for the real results, but so far I’m pretty happy with the progress.Thanks for sharing this information with us as it is always great to get a second opinion
You are very welcome and many thanks for taking the time to stop by and leave your feedback
Great product review. I loved the tutorials; they reaffirmed the purpose of using the product, correspond to the pros and cons as well as the clinical trials that were used to add more validity to the products. My husband uses it daily in conjunction with other hair restoration products. From what I can see, it has limited benefits if you decide to use it alone without anything else to back it up. He uses Finasteride plus a specific type of shampoo with the Rogaine treatments so when they are combined, he has not lost anymore hair which was great to see